How to Set Goals (and stick to them)
It's easy to get caught up in the moment of everyone making resolutions and setting unrealistic goals that are unsustainable. When we eventually fail to achieve those goals, we can end up feeling worse about ourselves. Goal setting is such a personal thing. There are key elements to setting goals that will help you achieve them and stick to them - from reflection, prioritisation to execution and self-motivation. Here are our top tips for effective goal setting in all areas of your life.
Put Your Health First
Whether you are looking to lose weight or want to be more active, fitness goals are vital. They will hold you accountable and encourage you to keep going. But figuring out how to set goals you'll actually stick to is the hardest part.
- Make your goals measurable, specific, and time-bound.
- Focus on one goal at a time.
- Always remember "results don't happen overnight."
- Develop smaller goals on the way to your main goal.
- Make sure you have a strong support system.
Shop 2022 Planners >
For Your Career
Whatever your aspirations, whether that be a promotion or a new job. Start achieving your goals by working out the path you need to take to get there. Accomplish your career goals with these simple steps:
- Write down your short-term vs. long-term goals.
- Share your action plan with friends and family.
- Make sure you set realistic deadlines.
- Reward yourself for completing small or big steps.
- Visualise what success looks like to you.
Shop Undated Journals >